136. Picpoul de Pinet, Domaine des Lauriers, Coteaux du Languedoc, France
Try this instead of your Chablis or Sauvignon. Fresh, lean, steely, mineral and bone dry.
146. Basa Blanco, Rueda, Telmo Rodríguez, Spain
Wonderful fruity and juicy wine with mouthfilling flavours of peaches and plums.
137. Rioja Vega Viura Blanco, Rioja, Spain
Youthful fruity citrus flavours. Fresh with hints of herbs on finish, unoaked.
139. Mâcon-Villages, La Crochette, Loron & Fils, France
Buttery, slightly smoky Chardonnay with attractive, lemony acidity.
145. Kaesler Viognier, Barossa Valley, Australia
#Spicy nectarine and apricot followed by full-flavoured peach and orange blossom.
144. Sancerre, André Dezat et Fils, France
Freshly cut grass, charming mineral quality and impressively ripe fruit.
138. Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand
Full of concentrated herbaceous fruit character with an elegant fresh finish. Fantastic!
143. Journey’s End Haystack Chardonnay, Coastal Region, South Africa
Packed with ripe tropical fruit flavours and a buttery character, it has good acidity which stops this being cloying.
114. Foxcover White Zinfandel, California, USA
Coral pink in colour. Delicate and refreshing with soft fruit flavours of strawberries and peaches.
115. Château Les Miaudoux, Bergerac Rosé, France
A delightful strawberry and white currant rosé. 100% organic, Cabernet grapes give a light clairette style, with subtle tannins and juicy acidity
128. Fleurie, Domaine de la Viroylette, Jacques Charlet, France
A delicious example of this famous village that provides all that the name suggests; fragrant, floral and feminine.
130. Tanners Claret, Bordeaux, France
Famously soft and juicy, offering succulent plum and cherry fruit flavours.
135. Freedom Cross Pinotage, Western Cape, South Africa
South Africa’s unique grape, this is softly styled with intense blackberry fruit and mocha coffee notes
131.Sunnycliff Cabernet Sauvignon, South Eastern Australia
A softer style of Cabernet that boasts ripe juicy fruit flavours and bags of Aussie sunshine.
134. Bogle Vineyards Old Vine Zinfandel, Clarksburg, California, USA
Concentrated stuff, made from old vines; a wine in which mouth- filling blueberry and blackberry fruit gives way to black pepper and chocolate mid-palate then on to a spicy finish.
133. Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Les Galets de la Berthaude, Roger Perrin, France
A superb Châteauneuf that delivers gentle bramble fruit, dried herbs and a soft, rounded palate.
132. Château Argadens, Bordeaux Supérieur, France
Soft and fruity wine with good concentration and balance alongside plenty of robust flavours on the palate.
147. Churchill’s Estates, Douro Red, Portugal
This Douro red has a complex nose, blackberry fruits and a floral hint, the eight months in oak giving rounded tannins.
129. Journey’s End Cabernet Sauvignon, Stellenbosch, South Africa
This could easily be mistaken for an Australian Cabernet, it is minty on the nose and palate with good ripe fruit and great balance.
The finish has an attractive note of cedar.
SPARKLING WINES & CHAMPAGNE
140. Tanners Cava Brut, Traditional Method, Spain
Fine and characterful, with aromas and flavours of lime, fruit blossom, biscuit and earth.
142. Castell d’Olèrdola Cava Brut Rosado, Spain
£21.00 A fine Cava, with delicious strawberry and raspberry fruits with a delicate floral perfume and a crisp, dry finish.
141. Prosecco Frizzante, Treviso, Borgo Frare, Italy
Gently sparkling with lovely peachy fruit and a refreshing, juicy palate
116. Tanners Prosecco Brut, DOC Treviso, Italy
Attractive, long and succulent with easy creamy pear and apple fruit and a refreshing, flavoursome finish.
117. Tanners Brut Extra Réserve Champagne
A finely structured, fruit-driven style with an impression of white flowers, fleshy stone fruits and toast.
118. Pol Roger Brut Réserve White Foil
A slightly nutty, refined Champagne with a full, creamy texture.
119. Moët et Chandon Brut Impérial
An attractive, dry, floral and apple-scented sparkler from the world’s most famous producer.
120. Bollinger Special Cuvée Brut
Always exceptionally fine and clean, offering firm minerals, notes of brioche and hazelnut and fresh pear fruit.
121. Veuve Clicquot Brut Yellow Label
Yellow label is a richly fruited, first class Champagne with complex vanilla and brioche notes on both nose and palate.
122. Laurent Perrier Cuvée Rosé Brut
The rosé market leader, and you can see why: strawberry and raspberry fruit proliferate.